Click on above logo WHY YOU SHOULD BELONG
New Membership and Transfers
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information to Post Membership Committee:
- Contact our Post Adjutant - Rick Martinez.
- Provide a copy of your DD214 discharge.
- Pay the membership dues $40. Make checks payable to Plainfield American Legion Marne Post 13. DO NOT SEND CASH.
- Please see eligibility dates below.
- Membership dues payment, if current year dues are not paid. If current dues are paid, please pay dues for next year's membership.
Visit legion.org and select membership then select renew. Renewal rates are $40.
After you renew membership on Legion.org, you can then register on MyLegion.org and find many good things there. Click on MyAccount and get the receipt for your renewal. Also, you can print a membership card (which eventually gets replaced with one signed by the Post Adjutant but is valid for membership ID). In addition, there are discounts listed for members which include a printable card for discounts at Office Depot along with their offer to enclose your membership card in a plastic laminate cover for free when you bring it to a store.
If you have served federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces since December 7, 1941, and have been honorably discharged or are still serving - you are eligible for membership in The American Legion!
Because eligibility dates remain open, all active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces are eligible to join The American Legion at this time, until the date of the end of hostilities as determined by the government of the United States.
U.S. Merchant Marine eligible only from December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946 (WWII).
For any questions please contact our membership chairman, or stop at the Post.
Next Page >>