For complete information click on above logo
Visit The American Legion Auxiliary
American Legion Auxiliary
Founded - 1919
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support the American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
In fulfillment of our Mission, the American Legion Auxiliary adheres to the following purposes:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy
- To provide educational opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom& democracy and encourage good citizenship & patriotism in government
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self
Plainfield Unit #13 Service and Activities
The services listed below are initiated by the Auxiliary or we partner with other Marne Post #13 Legion groups (Legionnaires, Sons of the AL, Riders) and organizations in the community to fulfill our mission statement.
- Gifts for Yanks ~ presents for our Veterans in nursing homes
- Plainfield Needy Family Christmas Gifts ~ with PHSCC PTO
- Operation Care Package donation drive in October ~ collection of goods to fill comfort packages for our deployed military members & funds to mail them
- Americanism Scholarship Contest
- Illini Girls State Leadership Week at Eastern Illinois University ~ we sponsor Plainfield HS juniors to attend
- College Scholarships ~ we provide for Plainfield HS students
- Youth Police Program ~ we sponsor Plainfield HS student(s)
- Legacy College Scholarships for Children & Grandchildren of Members
- Organize Poppy Day for the Post in the Community ~ Poppies are distributed and donations received go directly to disable and hospitalized veterans
- Post Honor Garden upkeep and other floral beautification of Post grounds
- Management of Post Library
- Hospitality for Post monthly meeting dinners, Post Christmas Party, Post Easter Egg Hunt for children/grandchildren of Post members
- Assist with weekly Post Bingo
- We also provide Blue Star families Service Flags to the public upon request to display for all service families to show their support proudly.
Q: I am related to someone who served on active duty during one of the membership eligibilty dates. Can I join the Auxiliary of The American Legion?
A: If your relative who served on active duty during one of the membership eligibility dates and is a member of The American Legion, you may join the American Legion Auxiliary of The American Legion.
However, if the qualifying Veteran is deceased you may join the appropriate organization, even if the qualifying Veteran was not a member of The American Legion when living.
For more information contact Sharon LaValley at 847-942-9565 or Jordan Holwell at 708-769-5634.
Click on link for Accessories/Apparel American Legion Flag & Emblem
Next Page >>